TWiki Web Preferences
The following settings are web preferences
of the TWiki
web. These preferences override the site-level preferences
, and can be overwritten by user preferences
(your personal topic, such as TWikiGuest
in the Main
web). These web preferences can be overridden by topic preferences
, e.g. preferences in individual topics.
Web Preferences Settings
These settings override the defaults for this web only. See full list of defaults with explanation
- Default template for new topics in this web:
- WebTopicEditTemplate: System-level default topic template (do not modify! Create a site-level template in the %USERS% web instead)
- Main.WebTopicEditTemplate: Site-level default topic template (if it exists, it overides the system-level template for topics created in webs other than the TWiki web)
- Copyright notice for the TWiki web.
- Set WEBCOPYRIGHT = Copyright © 1999-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding UMass CS EdLab? Send feedback
Note: Please contribute updates to this topic on TWiki.org at TWiki:TWiki.WebPreferences.
Access Control and Security
- Users or groups who are not / are allowed to view / change / rename topics in the TWiki web: (See TWikiAccessControl).
- Users or groups allowed to change or rename this WebPreferences topic:
- Web preferences that are not allowed to be overridden by sub-web, user or topic preferences:
- Set FINALPREFERENCES = NOSEARCHALL, ATTACHFILESIZELIMIT, WIKIWEBMASTER, WEBCOPYRIGHT, WEBTOPICLIST, DENYWEBVIEW, ALLOWWEBVIEW, DENYWEBCHANGE, ALLOWWEBCHANGE, DENYWEBRENAME, ALLOWWEBRENAME
Help on Preferences
- A preference setting is defined by:
3 or 6 spaces * Set NAME = value
- A preferences setting can be disabled with a # sign. Remove the # sign to enable a local customization. Example:
- Preferences are used as TWikiVariables by enclosing the name in percent signs. Example:
- When you write variable
%WEBBGCOLOR% , it gets expanded to
- The sequential order of the preference settings is significant. Define preferences that use other preferences first, i.e. set
%WEBCOPYRIGHT% uses the
- You can introduce your own preferences variables and use them in your topics and templates.
Rename, Move or Delete this Web
- Note: The TWiki web cannot be renamed. See also: ManagingWebs